Last Updated –
Planning to get married soon?
If so, you need to acquire a Certificate of No Marriage, also called CENOMAR. This is a requirement for both foreigners getting married in the country, and Filipinos getting married abroad.
Thankfully, securing a copy of CENOMAR is so easy, and you can even get a copy in the comfort of your own home through PSA Serbilis or PSA Helpline, or while you’re in any SM Mall.
For those who prefer to get it at a PSA CRS Outlet, the process has also become hassle-free. This guide will let you in on how you get your PSA CENOMAR.
What Is CENOMAR?
CENOMAR or Certificate of No Marriage is exactly what its name implies. It is a certification issued by the PSA that proves a person has not contracted any marriage. This document is also called Certificate of No Record of Marriage, or Certificate of Singleness.
The legal definition of a single person is someone who has never been married, a person who was married and now divorced, or a person that is widowed.
If a previous marriage has not been annulled yet but is found to be void ab initio or not valid in law to start with, a person can also be called single.
Who can request a CENOMAR?
- Person who is in need of a CENOMAR
- Authorized people by the person in need of a CENOMAR
- Children of legal age
- Court or proper public official whenever absolutely necessary in administrative, judicial, or other proceedings to determine the identity of a person
Note: Valid ID for the owner and authorized representative must be presented to PSA.
How long is its validity?
A CENOMAR is only valid for 6 months upon the date of issue.
Can you get married without a CENOMAR?
No. You need to secure a CENOMAR to prove that you have not contracted any marriage. For those who are widowed, they can get a death certificate of their deceased spouse instead of a CENOMAR.
4 Ways You Can Get a CENOMAR
- Online CENOMAR Application via PSA Serbilis
- Online CENOMAR Application via PSA Helpline
- Walk-in CENOMAR Application at PSA CRS Outlet
- Walk-in CENOMAR Application at SM Business Center
Steps for Online CENOMAR Application via PSA Serbilis
PSA Serbilis is PSA’s online facility for submitting requests for copy issuance of different records, including CENOMAR. Here’s how you can request a CENOMAR through PSA Serbilis.
Step 1: Visit https://www.psaserbilis.com.ph/ and click “CENOMAR.”
Step 2: On the next page, agree with PSA Serbilis Terms and Conditions and Data Privacy Notice by clicking the boxes.
Step 3: Provide request details for the CENOMAR. This includes:
- Number of copies
- Full name
- Place of birth
- Date of birth
- Father’s full name
- Mother’s full name
- Relationship to document owner (if applicable)
- Purpose of request
Step 4: Fill up the requester’s delivery details. This includes:
- Full name
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Full address (country, province, city, zip code)
Step 5: Check the summary for accuracy and confirm that all details are correct.
Step 6: Take note of your reference number. You can use this to check your request status on the upper right corner of the PSA Serbilis website.
Step 7: Each copy of CENOMAR is Php430.
You can settle payment through any of these channels:
- Bayad Center, Bayad Partners, Bayad Online, Bayad app (biller: PSA Serbilis)
- Accredited Offline Payment Channels for other countries ($25.30 per copy)
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express, JCB, or Gcash
- Other accredited banking payment channels (BDO, Unionbank, Maya)
Things to remember when requesting for a CENOMAR via PSA Serbilis:
- Requesters shall only be allowed to submit up to two (2) requests for non-related individuals.
- Delivery usually takes 4 to 8 days after payment for areas within the Philippines (additional 5–7 days for areas outside of the courier’s standard serviceable areas)
- Delivery usually takes 6–8 weeks for orders abroad. It will be sent via PhilPost. There’s also a Special Courier Service Option for those who want faster delivery.
- CENOMAR can only be issued to authorized persons. If you are unable to receive your CENOMAR during delivery, you may authorize a representative. However, your authorized representative must present the following documents to the courier:
- Signed authorization letter/Special Power of Attorney (SPA), stating the facts of the requested documents, number of copies, and purpose
- Your valid ID (with photo and signature), including PhilID
- The valid ID (with photo and signature) of your authorized representative, including PhilID
Steps for PSA CENOMAR Application via PSA Helpline Online
This is arguably one of the easiest and most convenient ways to obtain a copy of your PSA CENOMAR.
Step 1: Go to https://psahelpline.ph/ and click “Order Now” on the header.
Step 2: Click “CENOMAR” and check the box to accept the terms and conditions. Then, select “Continue.”
Step 3: On the next page, you will be asked if you’re requesting a copy of your CENOMAR or a family member. If you’re getting your own, select “My own CENOMAR.” If not, choose “For someone else.” Then, click “continue.”
Step 4: The next page contains a list of the information to be collected by PSA from you. This includes:
- Your name, sex, birthday, valid government-issued ID
- Name as it appears on your birth certificate
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
Step 5: This will be followed by several forms that will ask you to provide the details mentioned above. Once done, click “Continue.”
Step 6: Specify your purpose in requesting a copy of your PSA CENOMAR.
Step 7: Provide your delivery address, mobile number, and email address. You can also provide up to 3 authorized representatives to receive your documents if you’re not present.
Step 8: Upon completing the process above, check available payment options. This includes:
- Palawan Express
Step 9: Pay the Php420 fee for each copy, inclusive of the courier and service fees. This can be done through the following channels:
- Mastercard or Visa for real-time payment
- ATM. Visit a Bancnet to settle your fee. Select the Bills Payment option to complete your transaction. This usually takes a day or two to process depending on your bank.
- Gcash. Pay through the e-wallet option
- 7–11. Visit a store with a CLIQQ machine to settle your payment
- Bayad. Pay through Bayad Outlets or TouchPay machine
- Maya. Pay through the app (no extra charge)
Step 10: After paying, you can check the status of your request here. Simply input your 10-digit reference number.
Things to remember when requesting your PSA CENOMAR via PSA Helpline:
- Delivery usually takes 3–4 days within Metro Manila. If you live outside Metro Manila, delivery will take 3–8 working days.
- The courier requires you to present a valid government-issued ID upon delivery for security purposes.
- The courier will not release the document to anyone apart from you or those included in your list of authorized representatives, even with an authorization letter. Therefore, be ready to receive it yourself or ask your representatives to watch out for the document’s delivery.
- If you or any of your listed representatives are not available during the delivery dates, make arrangements in advance by calling (02) 8737–1111 from Mondays to Saturdays, excluding holidays. You can call from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- If the delivery attempt is unsuccessful, call the aforementioned contact number. You can also send a message on PSAHelpline.ph on Facebook or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All undelivered documents after two attempts will be returned to PSA after 30 calendar days. Payments for these documents shall be forfeited. If this happens to you, you need to place a new order again.
Steps for PSA CENOMAR Application via PRS CRS Outlet Walk-In
You or a representative can process your PSA CENOMAR in person at a PSA CRS Outlet in your area.
PSA CENOMAR Requirements:
- 1 valid ID
Here are the steps you need to follow to get your PSA CENOMAR via walk-in.
If you’re processing a CENOMAR for someone, get an authorization letter from the document owner.
Step 1: Secure a slot from the PSA Online Appointment System. Here, you must choose the date, time, and outlet for your application.
Step 2: After scheduling your appointment, go to your chosen outlet on the scheduled time and date.
Step 3: Present the digital or printed copy of your CRS appointment slip to the Information Marshal.
Step 4: Get an application form and a queue ticket number.
Step 5: Present or submit the corresponding fees, queue ticket number, accomplished application form, valid IDs, authorization letter or special power of attorney, and all supporting documents to the transacting window for screening and payment.
Step 6: Pay the Php210 fee per CENOMAR copy.
Step 7: Check your official receipt and count your change.
Step 8: Proceed to the releasing area on your scheduled date and time of release.
Step 9: Present the documents needed to the releasing officer. These include your official receipt, valid IDs, authorization letter or SPA, and other supporting documents.
Step 10: Check the PSA CENOMAR for completeness and errors.
Things to remember before your PSA CRS Outlet appointment:
- Be there 30 minutes before your schedule
- Bring valid IDs that match the names encoded
- The authorized representative is not allowed to transfer his/her authority to another person to request the documents
- The authorized representatives are only allowed to request for 2 unrelated individuals
- Minors cannot book an appointment
- Appointments are free, and the CRS appointment slip is non-transferrable
- Only transact with PSA personnel if you have concerns or inquiries
PSA CRS Outlets
|Branch||Contact Person||Address||Telephone number(s)|
|PSA Complex – Central Outlet||FELICIDAD M. CRUZ||CRS Building, PSA Complex|
East Avenue, Diliman
Quezon City 1016
|(02) 8461-0500 loc. 201,202,205,208|
|Caloocan City||MELIZA A. ROMERO||North Caloocan City Hall Bldg.|
Zapote Road, Camarin
Caloocan City 1400
(across Metropolitan Trial Court)
|Makati City||IMELDA B. SEMILLA||G/F Old. Bldg., Makati City Hall,|
J.P. Rizal St., Poblacion,
Makati City 1200
|Pasig City||JASMIN L. TICSAY||Pasig City Hall, Caruncho Ave., Brgy. San Nicolas,|
Pasig City 1603
|Muntinlupa City||LOURD JEAN F. FABICON||4th Floor Ayala Malls South Park|
National Road, Alabang,
Muntinlupa City 1772
|Pasay City||MAYCHELDA G. SABANGAN||Lifestyle I Bldg., Hobbies of Asia,|
#8 Diosdado Macapagal Ave.,
Pasay City 1300
|(02) 8833-3780 / 8833-8842|
|Valenzuela City||NORSAN D. GALIMAO||3rd Floor, COMELEC Building, C.J. Santos St., Malinta, Valenzuela City|
(Beside Metropolitan Trial Court Building)
Steps for PSA CENOMAR Application via SM Business Center Walk In
If you don’t live near a PSA CRS Outlet, you can apply for a PSA CENOMAR at any SM Business Center.
CENOMAR Requirements in SM Business Center:
- Accomplished CENOMAR Application form (available at SM Business Center)
- 1 Valid ID
- Authorization letter (if applicable)
Here are the steps on how to request for CENOMAR at SM Business Center:
- Fill up a CENOMAR form.
- Get a payment form, and queue to pay the Php235 fee (per copy).
- Submit the documents and form required.
- After paying the fee, make sure to keep the official receipt and claim stub.
- Visit the SM Business Center on the release date to claim your CENOMAR copy.
- Check the PSA CENOMAR for completeness and errors.
Related PSA Guides:
- How to Get a PSA Marriage Certificate
- How to Get a PSA Death Certificate
- How to Get PSA Birth Certificate Online