Last Updated –
After your marriage, obtaining your PSA marriage certificate is a must. This document is needed to prove your conversion from a “single” to a “married” person. Moreover, this legal document is needed for a wide array of transactions.
If you need your PSA Marriage Certificate, good news awaits you. Gone are the days when you had to line up for hours. Now, it’s possible to get it in the comfort of your home, or book a PSA Outlet appointment online.
This guide will let you in on how you get your PSA Marriage Certificate.
What is a PSA Marriage Certificate?
A PSA Marriage Certificate is a document issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) that serves as proof that a couple has been legally married. It is issued based on your marriage contract.
Your marriage certificate is signed by you and your spouse, officiant, as well as your witnesses.
After your marriage civil registration, your marriage certificate will be issued by the Local Civil Registry Office or LRCO of the city or municipality where you celebrated your wedding.
After this, the LCRO will endorse the certificate to PSA for certification and printing.
Who can request for a marriage certificate?
This can be requested by any of the spouses. It can also be requested by an authorized representative, their direct descendants or parents, or a court.
Information to be provided when applying for a marriage certificate
These are the information needed when applying for a marriage certificate:
- Complete name of the wife
- Complete name of the husband
- Date of marriage
- Place of marriage
- Complete name and address of the requesting party
- Number of copies needed
- Purpose of the certification
How can I request for any correction on my marriage certificate?
If there is a typo or error in your marriage certificate, you can easily correct it. For example, if the first name of the bride is different from the one in her Certificate of Live Birth, you can file a petition for the correction of entry through RA 9048.
This should be filed at your Local Civil Registry Office where you registered your Certificate of Marriage. Correction of entries is usually P1,000 only, to be collected by the City or Municipal Civil Registrar or the District/Circuit Registrar.
Related Guide: How to Get a PSA CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage) Online
How to Get a PSA Marriage Certificate Online
At first, getting a marriage certificate from PSA may seem a daunting task. But thanks to advancements in technology, it’s now possible to get your PSA marriage certificate online.
Unfortunately, PSA only caters to local deliveries but they are working on expanding their reach overseas.
Here are the steps you need to follow to get your PSA Marriage Certificate online:
- Go to https://psahelpline.ph/ and click “Order Now” on the header.
- Click “Marriage” and check the box to accept the terms and conditions. Then, select “Continue.”
- On the next page, you will be asked if you’re requesting a copy of your marriage certificate or a family member. If you’re getting your own, select “My own marriage certificate.” If not, choose “For someone else.” Then, click “continue.”
- The next page contains a list of the information to be collected by PSA from you (listed above). Make sure you have these ready.
- This will be followed by a form that will ask you to provide information such as your sex, civil status, full name, date of birth, and type of government ID. Finally, click “Continue.”
- Input your spouse’s details such as his/her full name.
- Input the date of your marriage.
- Input the place of your marriage by selecting the country, province, and municipality where the ceremony took place.
- You will be asked if you registered your marriage late. Choose “Yes, it was registered late,” or “No, it was registered on time.”
- Specify your purpose in requesting a copy of your PSA Marriage Certificate.
- Indicate whether or not you’ve undergone legal proceedings regarding your marriage such as Supplemental, correction of entry, annulment, nullity of marriage, or legal separation. If nothing applies, click “None.”
- Provide your delivery address, mobile number, and email address. You can also provide up to 3 authorized representatives to receive your documents if you’re not present.
- Upon completing the process above, check available payment options. This includes:
- Bayad Center
- Palawan Express
14. Pay the Php365 fee. This can be done through the following channels:
- Mastercard or Visa for real-time payment. American Express and JCB cards are currently not supported
- ATM. Visit a Bancnet to settle your fee. Select the Bills Payment option to complete your transaction. This usually takes a day or two to process depending on your bank.
- Gcash. Pay through the e-wallet option
- 7-11. Visit a store with a CLIQQ machine to settle your payment
- Bayad. Pay through Bayad Outlets or TouchPay machine
- Maya. Pay through the app (no extra charge)
15. After paying, you can check the status of your request here. Simply input your 10-digit reference number.
What you need to know after ordering your PSA Marriage Certificate:
- Delivery usually takes 3-4 days within Metro Manila. If you live outside Metro Manila, delivery will take 3-8 working days.
- The courier requires you to present a valid government-issued ID upon delivery for security purposes.
- The courier will not release the document to anyone apart from you or those included in your list of authorized representatives, even with an authorization letter. Therefore, be ready to receive it yourself or ask your representatives to watch out for the document’s delivery.
- If you or any of your listed representatives are not available during the delivery dates, make arrangements in advance by calling (02) 8737-1111 from Mondays to Saturdays, excluding holidays. You can call from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- If the delivery attempt is unsuccessful, call the aforementioned contact number. You can also send a message on PSAHelpline.ph on Facebook or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All undelivered documents after two attempts will be returned to PSA after 30 calendar days. Payments for these documents shall be forfeited. If this happens to you, you need to place a new order again.
How to Get a PSA Marriage Certificate via Walk-in
You or a representative can process your PSA marriage certificate in person at a PSA CRS Outlet in your area.
After your marriage has been registered with LCRO, wait two to three months before getting a copy of your marriage certificate at PSA.
PSA Marriage Certificate Requirements
- 1 valid ID
Here are the steps you need to follow to get your PSA Marriage Certificate via walk-in:
- If you’re processing a PSA Marriage Certificate for someone, get an authorization letter from the document owner.
- Secure a slot from the PSA Online Appointment System. Here, you must choose the date, time, and outlet for your application.
- After scheduling your appointment, go to your chosen outlet on the scheduled time and date.
- Present the digital or printed copy of your CRS appointment slip to the Information Marshal.
- Get an application form and a queue ticket number.
- Present or submit the corresponding fees, queue ticket number, accomplished application form, valid IDs, authorization letter or special power of attorney, and all supporting documents to the transacting window for screening and payment.
- Check your official receipt and count your change.
- Proceed to the releasing area on your scheduled date and time of release.
- Present the documents needed to the releasing officer. These include your official receipt, valid IDs, authorization letter or SPA, and other supporting documents.
- Check the PSA Marriage Certificate for completeness and errors.
Things to remember before your PSA CRS Outlet appointment
- Be there 30 minutes before your schedule
- Bring valid IDs that match the names encoded
- Prepare the payment needed: Php155 per copy of PSA Marriage Certificate
- The authorized representative is not allowed to transfer his/her authority to another person to request the documents
- The authorized representatives are only allowed to request for 2 unrelated individuals
- Minors cannot book an appointment
- Appointments are free, and the CRS appointment slip is non-transferrable
- Only transact with PSA personnel if you have concerns or inquiries
PSA CRS Outlets:
|Branch||Contact Person||Address||Telephone Number(s)|
|PSA Complex – Central Outlet||FELICIDAD M. CRUZ||CRS Building, PSA Complex|
East Avenue, Diliman
Quezon City 1016
|(02) 8461-0500 loc. 201,202,205,208 and 702|
|Caloocan City||MELIZA A. ROMERO||North Caloocan City Hall Bldg.|
Zapote Road, Camarin
Caloocan City 1400
(across Metropolitan Trial Court)
|Makati City||IMELDA B. SEMILLA||G/F Old. Bldg., Makati City Hall,|
J.P. Rizal St., Poblacion,
Makati City 1200
|Pasig City||JASMIN L. TICSAY||Pasig City Hall, Caruncho Ave., Brgy. San Nicolas,|
Pasig City 1603
|Muntinlupa City||LOURD JEAN F. FABICON||4th Floor Ayala Malls South Park|
National Road, Alabang,
Muntinlupa City 1772
|Pasay City||MAYCHELDA G. SABANGAN||Lifestyle I Bldg., Hobbies of Asia,|
#8 Diosdado Macapagal Ave.,
Pasay City 1300
|(02) 8833-3780 / 8833-8842|
|Valenzuela City||NORSAN D. GALIMAO||3rd Floor, COMELEC Building, C.J. Santos St., Malinta, Valenzuela City|
(Beside Metropolitan Trial Court Building)
Leave a Reply